I remember wanting to do this really badly several years and I’ve lost interest. But today, June 3,2013 I suddenly feel motivated again!
Dont know what it is about me, I get started on something then get side tracked and stop. I started this blog back in January 2011. Its now about to be February 2012 and progress has been nil. I did the marathon, I got married, back in July I started insanity and started blogging and then stopped. Today I was in my office looking at the poster on my wall, Do or Think, I haven’t lived up to this. I’m about to be a father in less than 5 months. I need to get this together. DO!!! Thats how I’m starting every post from here on out. Only way to get to where you want to go is to get back on the wagon. #DONE
Wow this was no joke. I was sweating by the end of the warm up much less the actual workout. I’m not going to lie this was very hard and challenging. I couldnt do 100% of all the movement but I tried to no sacrifice form as much as possible. Today is July 7th and my calves, abs, and lower back are killing me. Lets hope Day 3(today) goes smooth (yea right)!
Im pumped, ready to prove to myself that I can do this, can’t wait to see how my journey progresses!
So yea I started INSANITY to get my life back on track. These are the results of the fit test for Day 1. Not impressed but I cant wait until I see improvement!
Weight: 300.2 lbs
Switch Kicks- 69
Power Jacks- 30
Power knee- 50
Power jump- 10
Suicide jumps- 6
Push jacks- 8
Low plank oblique- 8
Not bad but not good, these numbers will go up, I know it!
I haven’t been on here in forever, don’t know why or how but I kinda felt like not blogging so February was my last hurrah. We a lot has happened since then.
1. On March 29, 2011 I did the Bataan Memorial Death March (26.2 miles). I completed it as well. My fiance (at the time now wife) finished with me at a time of 8hrs 26 min. Let me tell you it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it was so much worth it in the end. Would I do it again? Probably not but that doesn’t mean I wont ever do another marathon, just not that one!
2. I got married. On May 28th, 2011 I married my best friend, love of my life and the best woman ever. I love her so much and I’m so glad that we are married. Cant wait for new and exciting adventures to begin!
Thats pretty much the big things that happened. I will post a couple pics from the marathon. Other than that I’ve decided to give this another try, INSANITY style. More to come….
I live in the desert so I’m use to hot summers and mild winters. I haven’t been running once this week because of the weather. I know an excuse right? Yes it is, I’m a puss. It was cold tuesday-today. And when I mean cold this morning was -9deg F. That’s f-ing cold people! So its been 1 week since I’ve been on a run plus I’m going out of town this weekend. At this point its going to be extremely hard to be ready for the Bataan. I need to step it up. I’m letting myself down, I need to get out of this slump :(
1. Lose 10 lbs. Regardless if I’m here or traveling I need to get back on track with my life and what my goals are.
2. EVERY MEAL, and I mean EVERY MEAL check the calorie intake and/or portion size. This is all in my head and I self consciously know what is decent to eat and what is shit to eat. I can do this.
3. Put 100 miles on my shoes. I need to lace up and go. Bataan Death March is only 2 months away!
4. More of a personal goal as opposed to weight loss but, Stay more organized. I need to focus on tasks at hand and just do.
IM A DOER!
Progress is slow and I’m starting to realize I have to take it up to the next level. I’ve been traveling for about 2.5 weeks out of this entire month and my progress is minimal. I’ve lost some good weight and gained it all back. This isn’t working need to re look at my priorities, its almost february and I’m scared to get on the scale on the 1st. I return home tomorrow finally and put an end to this trip. My fiance pounded out 14 miles on saturday so I have some catching up to do…